Click Me Please~!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My totally cool visit at MAS~! Aeroplane lalala ~!

Annyeong ~!

Aha~! I am super can't wait for this post~! Why why why? Becoz for me, it is totally a cool experience that I have and wanted to share here. Hehehe some of you (I know all of you actually) must be very curios right? What happen what happen? OMG totally excited!!!! (hey stop la u, ok2 I stop already, over pulak). So here presenting our . . .




FIRST VISIT TO MALAYSIA AIRLINES FACILITIES ~!





Hola hola *clap clap clap* *dance dance*. (^_^)


The visit take place around Subang and Kelana Jaya area consist of MAS aeroplane workshop, MAS Data Centre, MAS Academy, MAS Flight Simulator and MAS Ticketing Office. Day one, we went to MAS aeroplane workshop (ok the formal name is MAS Engineering centre bla bla I forgot dy :D ) and the next day we went to MAS Academy, Data centre, Ticketing Office and Flight Simulator Room. So so so so if you have a free time (especially those who don’t have work or pretending to be busy during working hours . . . opss :P ) please enjoy reading this lame long post because this time I upload a bunch of picture (means more word, more picture more word OK? :P )

Welcome to MAS ~!





Day 1: MAS Engineering Maintenance Department (Wan, please correct me if the name is wrong)


Long story short (haven’t start already skip, so lazy la me), basically this is the place for aeroplane to get the maintenance. Our visit starts with the brief about engineering in MAS by one of the chief department. He very bersemangat tell us about how good their department, how they achieve profit, how many plane they can maintain per month, how many hangar they have and bla bla bla including toilet inside plane (ok that one is joke). Well Mr, you gave briefing to wrong person. I’m ICT student. You talk all about engineering terms and future, you think I can smile and show my excitement listening to your talk? So as an ICT student during engineering briefing, the best I can do is to sleep without disturbing others :D

They managed to caught my sleeping beauty sleep pose ~!

After finished briefing, they give us free pen (well better than nothing right?) and we start our walk-around. This is where the cool things come. They bring us to safety department where all the safety equipment is been tested (now I feel more safe riding an aeroplane) and the best part is when they bring us to the aeroplane hangar. Tell me which part of the aeroplane I haven’t touched? Even the head also I already touch (FYI, inside of aeroplane head consist of radar to detect yada yada yada). We had been given a chance to see how the empty aeroplane looks alike and how they paint the body of the plane (the paint they buy from Netherland, some kind of special paint. For me just use water color should be OK already). Even the toilet also they show us (the incomplete one). But sad is no picture is allowed there due to business purposes.


At least they allowed us to take pic with this plane model

After the visit, we have free lunch gathering at Reservation department. Not much happen there. What I remember is they having a super delicious cake there (suddenly craving for Secret Recipe >_<). Oh oh oh!!!!!! I remember another thing. That day also is happen something that can’t ever be forgotten in MAS history!!! My intern mate Abang Azri or well known there as “Rain”, lead the ceremony by reciting a ‘Doa’. Walao eh, 3 years I know him, I never see him recite ‘Doa’. That day we manage to see him, recite ‘Doa’ for everyone! Because of his lateness, the lunch has been delayed in order to wait for him to start the ceremony. Even main manager waiting for him. No wonder he called ‘Rain’, so famous one.
see the ceremony becoming holy dy ~! full with bright shine :D





Day 2: MAS Academy, Data Centre, Ticketing Office and Flight Simulator


Around 9 a.m. all interns gather at MAS academy. Our purpose of visit that day is to be introduced on how MAS Academy runs their operations. For your information, MAS academy is the training place for steward and stewardess (hola ~!). How about pilot? And engineer? Most of them having their lesson at others flight school and return back to academy for further training and advance classes.


i dunno how many times i take pic with this aeroplane model ~~!

infront of MAS Academy entrance

Same like first day, our visit begun by the introduction of the academy. They show us a video montage that from what I see most likely been shoot during 90’s. Ya lor~! Where got guy comb their hair to the back, wearing a big shirt, tight in and come to the class? While the girls . . . ok no need for me to explain, just go see your mommy or older cousin picture during their 90’s. But one thing I like in that montage is, their stewardess. OMG! What the heaven (Molly copyright pinjam jap ye). The stewardess that time honestly I said better (and prettier plus more cute) compared to stewardess nowadays. I wonder why I intern at MAS now. I should interns during 90’s.

this one is Oman Airlines stewardess . . omg the middle one is damn pretty~!!!!

After finished watching the montage we’ve been given briefing by Mr. Joseph, one of the executive and facilitator at MAS Academy. The way he talks remind me of Dr. Jubair and the funny thing is when he suddenly raises his voice to me. The reason is, that time I was talking to my friends about toilet inside the plane (excuse me, it is not that I like that toilet but this one girl very curios bout it) that we saw at engineering department. What he heard is “toilet engineering” and suddenly asks me about what “toilet engineering” is. Maybe he majoring in that field, that’s why he interested when he heard about that kut :P


our picture together infront of the aeroplane model~!

After finished briefing, they bring us to . . . I dunno the exact name of this place, but it is the place for stewardess to train on how to work inside the cabin. The room consist of 3 model of aeroplane (scale 1:1) with all the equipment inside and have all type of cabin class (from economy to first class).


the entrance to the cabin, see got steward pose x? :P

What can I say about this place is, it is totally cool! OMG! I manage to sit, run, jump (and take picture) inside first class cabin for free while others need to buy a ticket (that cost around rm25,000 per seat) in order to sit inside that cabin. First class cabin is very nice. They got one seat that can turn into bed, with menu that we can order, disco lighting and personal LCD TV Screen. No wonder they can charge many many many thousands for one seat. We also spent time playing at the business and economy class area.


business class cabin, behind me is the infamous Mr. Guna and PM lee~!

the computer used for the training~!

Me and my rumate already went to first class cabin (^_^)v

Next is Grooming Room. This is the place where stewardess (I don’t want to mention stewards here :P ) learn how to make up, catwalk, smile, serve food, behave and yada yada yada. I like the room coz it consist of tons of mirrors (I just so love mirror) and not like it because that day don’t have any stewardess training there (sigh). Here also we managed to witness live with our very own eye, the born of MAS stewards.

they ask him to wear like steward and do catwalk . . no wonder he is MAS superstar now ~!


want his phone number? come come ~!

After we yada yada yada inside that grooming room, we head to safety training room. This is the place for stewardess to practice on how to evacuate aeroplane using safety equipment. I think for ASEAN region, only MAS have the facilities for this training. Since got Iranian and fire fighter booked the place that day, we are not managed to test the facilities (but still picture is allowed there hehehe).


If only i cn play with that safety air ladder ~!

Our visit continues to MAS Data Centre. This is the place where all the data inside MAS system flow and been stored inside the server room. Again, due to business purposes, no picture is allowed. But still it is a cool place (and cold in the same time). I managed to see the latest server from various companies, mainframe (the one that I’ve been heard since I start taking IT subject) and also the computer that been used during 70’s / 80’s. They said MAS server room is one of the biggest in Malaysia, but still when we ask, they said Petronas is the one having the biggest server room (hehehe why I feel proud suddenly? :P ).

before enter data center, well got one nice mirro .. and we cant meet mrs mirror at all ~! :D

this one, not place to smoke ok? place to train for smoke purposes . .eh??

Finished data centre, we head to Skypark Airport, Subang. Here we’ve been bring to the Ticketing Office, where they issues the ticket. Not much fun here since nowadays people’s are using an E-Ticket. Here you can see a bunch of internship students who very good in acting skill act like they was selling a ticket to the customer.


up there is MAS Ticketing Office :D

i think this shud be at AIROD facilities

3 monkeys act like they just dont care ~! :P

Our visit end as we visit the last place, the place that we have been waiting from the day we start our internship which is a Flight Simulator Room. Once I enter the room, I don’t have any regret working here. As thousand of student spent their greatest effort and money to take examination to join MAS to become a pilot, we have been given a chance to try the simulator without any payment needed. I feel so thankful to God and MAS for the opportunity.



see the tower ~! :D

See? flight crew training center :D

Talk about the room. It consists of 2 white boxes. Ok actually the box is a simulator machine room. One room can support 5 people (according to the chair inside) but if others willing to stand (by their own risk) the room can support up to 10 peoples. From what I see in the picture or movies, I thought it just a simple room with a screen that showing a low class graphic scene. But after I went inside the room, seriously it is not a joke at all! The simulator is totally awesome! No wonder it cost million to built one. The graphic if u sees from inside, u can feel as it is a real picture (the scene take place KLIA airport). And the movement of the machine, wow, hard to explain. One mistake in handling the steering or flight wings, whole room can ‘terbalik’. They really design the simulator follow the real flight situation. That is why I tell to my friends that I already fly an aeroplane because not much different at all (^_^)v.


SeE? really look like a box right? :D


this is how the simulator look like~!

im the first captain among the internship students hehehe~!

ok~! no need to care bout this control box :D just hold ur steering only :D

My first flight is as a pilot captain and Abang Azri becomes my co-pilot. Honestly I can’t fly the plane with him. Why? I turn the steering to left, he turn to right. I press the wing to move it to right, he press it another way. And when I ready to control the plane, he said lazy and give reason the flight in auto pilot mode. *Sigh* Abang you really lame. If I not remembered you as my evil mate, I sure kick you from the plane already (ok that one is a lame joke, ignore please ~!).


See so excited before fly the plane ~!

This one before the simulator start, take a picture first ~!

this one after it start, see plane bout to move we still pose for the picture :D

Well that’s all from my first visit. So to junior, how? Interested to come here? Call me for more information. Hahaha. Now we are waiting for the KLIA visit that might take place during September after Hari Raya. I’ll update you guys after going there.

bye bye flight simulator room ~!



Extra ~! Ahjumma Sarang-he


Nothing actually. Just want to share my happiness during 2nd day of fasting. That day I bring my roommate and Abang to eat at one of my favourite Korean reastaurant. Sam Sam Food Stall at the Garden. I’m so happy coz that Ahjumma (auntie) still remembered me (^_^).

While waiting for our food (FYI, this situation happen after masuk waktu berbuka puasa bagi wilayah Kuala Lumpur), that ahjumma come to us bring another dish that we didn’t order.

Me : Ahjumma, that one is not the one we . . .
Ahjumma : No, this one is for you. This to show my thankful coz you bring a lot of friends to eat here. This dish very famous, many people are like it and it is delicious.
Me : Oh is it? Ahjumma thanks a lot. Kamsa Hamnida.
Ahjumma : Ya enjoy the food, kamsahamnida.

I really like that ahjumma la. She is so cute. She should tell me that she wanted to belanja me extra dish. If I know sure I won’t order that much. Hahaha Next time I bring you guys to eat there too :D



Shinda88
MAS
Subang




3 comments:

PM said...

Yo... where's ur dead captain picture?

shinda88 said...

oh ya that picture . . hahahhaa later ill upload it >_<

anapstar said...

Hey, i just happened to be in your blog, looking around for info on MAS engineering internship. Do you have any idea how i could find more on it? Do you have any contact in MAS?


Thanks!
=)


anapstar05@yahoo.co.uk

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...