Click Me Please~!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bye Bye 2011

Annyeong~!


I think now is a good time for me to wrap up on what I have been doing and happened to me for the past 1 year. 2011 has been a very good, awesome yet a little bit regrettable year for me. Too many things happened this year. Things that mark the change of level of journey in my life.


I still remember, leaving UTP on 1st of January 2011. Yes, I'm proud to choose that date to leave my beloved university because I know for the rest of my life, I will remember the date I leave my university :)

My last UTP pic that time


After that, I started my life as unemployed guy, waiting for job offer to come. It is quite a fun period to me, well, I managed to spent more time with my family. Since I started my study, the longest I spent time with my family is around 2 months. And this time, we have 5 months! Living in Kelantan where I don't really have friend there, just some (can calculate using fingers from one hand), I spent almost all of the time staying at home and become my mom's best buddy. What I meant by staying at home is, really stay at home. I remember I really hangout one time, and it is a half day hangout where my friend visit me and in the same time having his vacation at Kota Bharu.


Somewhere around January or February, I went to a trip with my buddies to Kota Kinabalu. Just for your info, I lived at Kota Kinabalu for about 8 years before my family moved to Kelantan. So this will be my first visit after 2 years and half leaving that beautiful city. My buddies expectation is to explore the city while in my head that time is just hoping to meet some old friend and to catch up. Even tho I didn't managed to meet most of them, but I do meet my best friend Haizold.

Me with my buddies at Hot Spring Ranau


Staying at home is kind of heaven to me. Of course, having mom's  cook everyday, sleeping without any worries that I might late for class and keeping long hair without care whether security will summon me. But, the longer I stay there, the more I feel my self useless. Since I saw how hard my father's working days and night to support my family, I just spent my time in room chatting with my friend who already starter their work.

This is the only time I can grow my hair this long T_T


I think God knows what best for me. He didn't simply make me stay at home 5 months for nothing. Around May, I got my job offer from PETRONAS. I joined PIPE on 1st June 2011. And that answer the question why after 5 months only I got the offer. Because the PIPE that I joined, PIPE-77 is indeed a super awesome PIPE!!! We have awesome people there, hot stuff (ok I admit I try to mentioned Sofia here, what? she's hot okie, at least for me XP), won Mega Challenge (Syad, Abang Azri thx thx thx a lot for the info), having movie and bowling together, have a cool farewell montage, fashion show and sketch and much more!!

My offer letter :P


My cool PIPE-Lucky-77!! Owh btw I'm the project director for our CSR :P


15th June 2011, I reached Miri, Sarawak, where this place will be my working place, my life for the next, I don't know how many years. Still remember, I'm wearing a broken shoe with so-damn-much-damages on the first day here. I thought no one will know, at least until I buy a new one that night. But one of my colleague managed to catch a glimpse of my shoe. Damn you Zuhadi, what an eye you have there haha. This is the mark of my whole new life as an employee, not unemployed guy.

 Welcome Aliff Omar to PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd, Sarawak Operations~!

My super awesome workstation~!!!!


To tell you the truth, I experienced a lot of new thing here. I remember on 17th of June 2011, my first department meeting. My senior manager ask me to sing infront of members of the floor. To tell your guys, my department meeting room is a small room where can fit around 30 people (by right) in one time. But the meeting is attended by around 50 - 60 people. So imagine, everyone cramp inside, only left front space for screen projector. I'm standing there performed one of  hits song created by my PIPE mates. Thank God everyone giving a supportive applause (where in the end I realized they just want me to end my "weird" song). It's not like I cannot sing. It just, it is my first time sing infront of many people (the best I have during karaoke session is around 7 people).


My first task is to become head of Visual Management (VM) team. I know it sounds cool but honestly the job is to make your office more . . . pretty? Beautiful? Organize? I can't find exact word to explain that, but more like "AJK Keceriaan" during our school time. They told me my department score a last place among all department in 2010. So they expect me to at least try not to get last place again for this year. I never lead this kind of thing before. I admit my event in university before managed to bring Estranged, BunkFace, The Times, you name it. But this kind of thing? "Keceriaan" supposed to be girls thing since they are as we all know better when it come to this. Well, it is a job given by boss  after all.  I can just say "yes" since I received salary now. Who knows? After done giving my office a whole new look (thanks for all the support and help given by my best team!!), we actually won a second place for the VM audit this year!! Not only second, our mark also entitled us to received Gold status!!

My pic with Voon during our visit to MCOT


Around August is a time for fasting month. I can't remember when is the last time I fasting in Borneo. It should be in year 2005. Again, for your info, break fast time here is one hour earlier compared to Semenanjung. Even tho I can eat early compared to my friend at KL, but it is kind of lonely because I don't really have lot of friend that time so most of time I end up buying the food and eat a lone at home :(

 My first department dinner. Reason for this dinner? Just to chill out (as what my boss said, very cool haha)



In the middle of the month, I remember that our company has the staff engagement where my department turn to host it. My boss assigned me to become MC for the event. I never become MC before and seriously I don't want to do it because of too-western-malayetern-watevertern-slang-pronouncation that I have. Not only that, I also have been instructed to create a super cool montage to introduce the member of our department. Well, the event went well, maybe a little bit freeze during my MC part, thanks a lot to my quite-profesional-co-MC Ms. Shira. I also did well for my montage! My General Manager really like it. My montage is based on Harry Potter theme where everyone is dressed up (photoshop actually) as Hogwarts student. I really hope I can share the montage here but I don't think my office will like it for me to post it on youtube. Lol.

I'm nervous that time, seriously. But Shira? So damn calm. Damn it.

I think this is the best montage I make so far.


Come raya at the end of August, I returned back to village as a working guy. Seriously the expectation there change 180 degrees! My cousin eye all filled up with the aura of "open table dude, your working now" and "we expect duit raya from you this time!". I'm having a lot of fun this raya, especially with my new nephew :) Oh by the way, it is also a first time for me to be celebrated at restaurant for my birthday!!

 With sibling during Raya 2011

This kid just never failed to impress me hahaha


  
Thx a lot to all who plan this (or accidentally or plan by force)

October is the time for my convocation. It is the time that I meet all of my old friend after we separate for almost a year. Thank God all of us working now, so no awkward moment when we all sharing story about our work and company. We having a super cool photo shoot with our graduation robe and everyone successfully received their graduation scroll without any disgrace moment happen when we walk to the stage.

Among one of our cool shoot. Check my FB to see the rest :P

My first family studio shoot

 
After my convocation, another big task is waiting for me on October, which is to conduct a team building for my department. With limited budget and time constraint, somehow Zuhadi team (I'm in the team, not a team leader) managed to conduct our department team building. One thing I like about is our dinner where the team is Rock 'N' Roll. To tell you, my department people really know how to follow the theme and to make the night went wild!

Rock N Roll babeh~! And seriously stop ask me who is this girl. Just find her FB k? :)





On November, my probation period end. My boss allowed me to pass the period and making me a permanent staff. I still remember how happy I am that day, hearing all the good compliment from him. I don't know he mean it or not but what I know, I pass my probation period!! Now waiting for KL to sent me the confirmation letter.

 
I conquered Gua Niah already~!

On December, I have been selected as one of the team member to give final performance for our beloved General Manager who will be transfer to Egypt. A fact, my department is very famous for our sketch performance. With a superb director Mr. Aman, all the play received high compliments. This time, Aman put me as one of the actor. Damn it! I never act before and now to act in our GM farewell event? Not only that, as one of main actor?!! But after giving a thought, than I decided to join as if not know, then when? Right? Somehow the act went well and our GM really pleased with our performance :)

Yerp, thats me with my cool sunglasses~!

That is my pic before the performance

 We also make a scrap book for our GM :D


After 10 months, I returned back to Kota Kinabalu for my best friend, Haizold's wedding!! Oh my God! He already married and I'm still playing with Lego? Oh man. But still I enjoy this trip a lot, Kota Kinabalu has just turned from cool to super-good-damn-awesome place!!!

 Even after taken this pic, I still said this to him "dude, I still don't believe you already married"

 Perdana Park Tanjung Aru. Seriously this park is damn cool, very fun to hangout here!


Actually there are more things that I wanted to share but I think some of it is better to keep it just for my self. New year is approaching and honestly no resolution made yet for it. I plan to just live again for next 1 year with out any resolution, just do what I want to do and avoid what I want to avoid.



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year~!


 p/s: Why I post this on 1st January 2012? Because my colleague said wrap up should be done after the year end. Ok I don't understand the logic but somehow the post is done after 2011 :P


Shinda88
Home
Miri

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...