Click Me Please~!

Friday, February 4, 2011

High Kick Through The Roof ~!

Annyeong~!


This will be my first post about a review. The things that I will do a review is a Korean sitcom called High Kick Through The Roof! Ok before that I know most of you will come to this page to find a link to download a softsub or hardsub. Honestly, I already did that (and a lot of time some more) and too bad I still haven't found the link yet. It will be best for you to watch it online. It is not bad after all, the streaming is fast and online sites already have all 126 episodes of this sitcom! If you still not satisfied, just install Downloadhelper or IDM and download all those videos like what I did :P By the way this review is based on my personal understanding and without any reference from any sites okie? :)


High Kick Through The Roof


For those who is looking for things that you wanted to watch (especially my fellow batch mate who do nothing at home), I SERIOUSLY recommended this sitcom to all of you~! This is the second season of High Kick series but not the continuation of season one which is called Unstoppable High Kick. Ok lai lai don't waste time lets start with the sypnosis first~!




Synopsis


The story is about two sisters, Shin Se Kyung and her little sister Shin Shin Ae who lived at the mountain with their father Shin Dal Ho. They have been living there for almost 5 years, due to their father who ran from creditor. One day, their hide out has been exposed and the creditor comes to the mountain to catch him. Both sisters managed to run away but end up at Seoul after mistakenly hiding inside a lorry who is heading there. With no one to help them, they end up sleeping here and there while waiting for their father. Their miserable fate end up with their meeting with Julien, a foreigner who live in Seoul looking for job. Julien take care of them before Se Kyung managed to get work at President Lee Soon Jae house as a house taker. The story revolve around a life of her and her little sister together with the Lee family members.






Cast


Relationship chart



Shin family

Shin Se Kyung as Shin Se Kyung

She's so pretty ~! wohoo~!

A girl who only graduated from middle school. She serve as a maid at President Lee house. She is a very pretty girl but having a problem with her reaction. Always look so serious, only can make joke to certain people. She can play piano very well and also have a strong hand that can throw a ball very far. She's having a crush with Lee Ji Hoon, President Lee son.

My thought : She is SUPER CUTE AND PRETTY!!! OMG!! I am totally in love with her already! ok what I mean is I in love with her character. This is my first time watching her acting. Very very very well (even tho sometimes a bit ackward, ok fine I'm blushing just to watch her haha). Tell you, if this kind of girl end up in my life, I totally 100% married her already muahahahaha~! Ok cut the crap, next~!



Seo Shin Ae as Shin Shin Ae

Shin Shin Ae


Se Kyung little sister. A very smart kid. Even tho she start school late due to her situation living in the mountain, she managed to grab her study very well when she manged to score 90 to 100 for her every single test. She also a good runner in her class which is number 3, only behind two other boys. She is very nice but sometime can become very bad because of her life that lack of many things.

My thought : It is also my first time watching her acting. She really act well, as a nice innocent girl, she can suddenly become like a drug addict or a super bad kid and then become a nice girl again. Seriously can't wait for her to grown up and become a leading actress in a drama soon :D




Lee Family

Lee Soon Jae as President Lee Soon Jae

Lee Soon Jae


He is a head house of Lee family. A president of Lee Soon Jae F&B. He is one of the funniest character in this sitcom. Well, first thing is, he will fart whenever, wherever and for whatever reason he want. Second, he always said the thing that he actually don't like, just to grab the heart of the person he love which is Ms. Ja Ok. He also always claim that he is a "God of basketball" and "God of yada yada yada" but actually he is sux in all sports. There is no day that he didn't get mad with his son-in-law.

My thought : This is my first time watching Lee Soon Jae acting. OMG I really like it! He is very very funny~! Whenever his part out, there must be something that I can laugh about. Now I'm waiting to watch the first season of this sitcom where he also act in the season.



Oh Hyun Kyung as Lee Hyun Kyung

Lee Hyun Kyung


President Lee first daughter. She is a high school gym teacher. Her main interest is taekwando where she is also a licensed trainer. Even tho President Lee is a head house, but the one that managed the house issue and become the center of the house is actually her. She's having a strong leg that can even make hole at the wall. Even tho she's having a good strength but actually she's weak in her study. She is actually one of the funniest character in this sitcom even tho she always look cool and strict.

My thought : Also a first time watching Hyun Kyung acting. To me, she's a very pretty woman in her age :D



Jung Bo Suk as Vice President Jung Bo Suk

Jung Bo Suk

Hyun Kyung husband and President Lee son-in-law. If I were to say, he is the MOST STUPID character in this drama. He is a Vice President at Lee Soon Jae F&B. He is the most inconsiderate, no thought, no middle and things that suppose to go with those attitude. But it is not because he is arrogant, it is because he is very stupid that he never think before he did and spoke. He is very weak in study especially in calculation (If I were to say, his level of calculation is only reached lower school level). Most of the problem in the company happened is because of him. The only thing he's good is sport. He is very good pitcher in his baseball team. The only time he can shine in a year is when his company or his father in law having a sport issue that need his assistance. Oh, he also has a very good face that the Japanese middle aged woman like until got him a title "Bo-Sama", same level with Bae Yoon Jun who being called "Yoon-sama". Despite his stupidity, he is the one that saved the company from bankrupt in the end of the sitcom.

My thought : Again, also my first time watching his acting. Seriously he is a good actor! I bet you all will feel damn annoyed watching him in this sitcom. He managed to bring the stupid character until the level that I suspicious either he actually is really stupid in his real life :P



Choi Daniel as Lee Ji Hoon

Lee Ji Hoon

President Lee only son. He is a little brother to Hyun Kyung. A very smart doctor who graduated from Seoul University. His hobby is to make joke that only funny to him. He has a very gentleman style on him but his bad side will be exposed whenever he's drunk. He's secretly dating Hwang Jeung Um.

My thought : He is very cool. If can be like him will be very great to me already. Haha also first time watching his acting.



Yoon Shi Yoon as Jung Joon Hyuk

Jung Joon Hyuk


Hyun Kyung and Bo Suk first son. He is a high school student. A very talented guy in fighting but a poor student in study. The only subject he's confidence is English, but having a problem to have a conversation in it. His hobby is to play game with his best friend Kang Se Ho. He's having crush on Shin Se Kyung.

My thought : He is the reason for me to find this sitcom! Some of you might know him. Yes correct he is a main actor from the hit drama Baker King, Kim Tak Gu. This sitcom is his official debut. Seriously I became his fan already. His acting is no joke. Not many people can make me like their acting through their first drama. Can't wait for his next work~!



Jin Ji Hee as Jung Hae Ri

Jung Hye Ri

Hyun Kyung and Bo Suk first daughter and Joon Hyuk little sister. She is one of the most annoyed character in this sitcom. Her favorite line is "This is mine! Everything in this house is mine" and "You're farty butthole". For her, people in this world is divided by two, which is "Farty butthole" and "Not farty butthole". She hate Shin Shin Ae the most but end up getting fond to her. Her dream is to get married with Bi Rain but end up married with Kang Se Ho in the future.

My thought : She is . . erghhh~!! If I got little sister like this, seriously I hang her at my wall or tide her up somewhere in the jungle! Hahaha she is one of the actress I respect a lot in this sitcom. Her acting is so real~! Hope can have chance to watch her acting again soon :D




Others

Kim Ja Ok as Vice Principal Kim Ja Ok

Kim Ja Ok

Ms. Ja Ok is a vice principal at Hyun Kyung and Joon Hyuk school. She is also a President Lee lover. Despite her age that will reach 60, her attitude and thinking is like a little girl. She always assume that girl suppose be weaker than a guy, making Hyun Kyung don't like her a lot. She is a land lady where Julien, Lee Kwang Soo, Hwang Jeung Um and Yoo In Na living.

My thought : I think I've seen her somewhere before, maybe among my previous drama that I already watched before. I don't really like her character, because I also will be very mad if I got an old lady like her in my house :P



Hwang Jeung Um as Hwang Jeung Um

Hwang Jeung Um


She is a student who study at Seoun University and live at Ms. Ja Ok house. Because of the almost same university name with Seoul University, she accidentally got accepted to teach Joong Hyuk an English subject at President Lee house. While teaching there, she end up become Lee Ji Hoon girlfriend. She is a very cheerful and have a strong spirit in whatever she did. But her problem to shops non stop makes her always in bad financial status. When she broke, she can turn herself to become "Beggar Hwang" just to make sure her stomach is fill. Her favorite line is "Just one bite, one bite!" when she wanted to ask food from her friends.

My thought : Tell you first, I actually don't like her at all since her appearance in X-Man and Love Letter. Because for me she is just tried her best to act cute and pretty. But this sitcom blow my mind! She is actually a GOOD ACTRESS~!! I really really love her in this sitcom! Ok, now I become her fan already :)



Julien Kang as Julien

Julien

You can say he is the most handsome character in this sitcom. He is a mix American-France where he is fluent in there languages : English, Korean and France. He is the most favorite character by other characters and work same at Hyun Kyung school as English teacher and also on of the residence at Ms. Ja Ok house. Even tho most of the characters in this sitcom already had partner, all of them will feel down whenever they heard Julien got a girlfriend. He's been called "God of Basketball" by his students due to his unbeatable skill in basketball. But, people said there is no such thing as perfect thing in this world. His own weakness that makes most of people disappointed with him is his smelly feet that can make a whole group of girls run away from him.

My thought : I think this is my second time watching him. The first one will be in Dream with Kim Bum. I think he inspired me a lot to learn Korean language whenever I saw him.




Lee Kwang Soo as Lee Kwang Soo

Lee Kwang Soo


He is one of the residence at Ms. Ja Ok house. He don't have any work as his dream to become artist. He is Yoo In Na boyfriend, also a same member in the group called Lightning. After he failed his audition, he became Tiger JK manager and end up as a manager at comic rent shop. His hobby is to play stock and very proud with his experience in army.

My thought : This is my first time watch his acting. Actually I know him through TV show Running Man (he is my most favorite in Running Man). He always look old despite his young age :P



Yoo In Na as Yoo In Na

Yoo In Na

Lee Kwang Soo girlfriend, also one of the residential at Ms. Ja Ok house. Her dream is to become artist. During audition, she managed to past and joined a girl group called Skinny. She still loyal to her boyfriend even her company not allowed her to have any relationship.

My thought : This is my second time watching her after Secret Garden. Whatever it is, her acting always have cute side on her~! :D



Lee Ki Kwang as Kang Se Ho

Kang Se Ho


Joon Hyuk best friend, a smart student with high IQ number. Not only that, he also have talent in dancing where he won first at Seoul Junior Dancing Competition. He has a crush on Hwang Jeung Um but end up married with Hae Ri in the future. When he like someone, he end up as a stalker even without he realized it.

My thought : He is one of my favorite in B2ST (Korean group also knows as Beast). I already heard about his act but actually didn't realize he can't act this well.




All the casts


One thing I like bout this sitcom is the cameo appearance. This sitcom got a lot, I mean A LOT of cameo appears. Even high standard actor/actress such as Lee Na Young, Suh Ji Suk, Kim Bum and Park Shin Hye make their appearance in this sitcom.


To wrap up, this sitcom has everything. FUNNY (of course la, it is sitcom after all), sad, knowledge, happy, mad, annoying, frustrated and many more feelings that you can feel in this sitcom. I super highly recommended this to K-drama fans out there :D


I won't write bout the ending of this sitcom. You guys need to be patiently watch this okie? I use almost 5 days to watch this non stop afternoon till midnight (well I still haven't start my work yet okie?). But I give you a teaser. Even tho 95% of this sitcom is funny, the last 5% which is on the ending is full with sadness. I almost tears watching the ending. Seriously I hate the ending of this sitcom. Super Super Super HATE IT!! But I can't think of any ending better than what they already did in this sitcom. Even tho I hate to say this, their ending is nice (but still super super sad demmit~!).


Before I end up my review, I would like you guys to watch this scene. For me, in those 126 episodes, this scene really give me a deep impression and I can say the most best scene they had. This is where Se Kyung knows that she won't have a chance with Lee Ji Hoon. While swallowing her sadness, she still tried to give a birthday gift to Joon Hyuk. Joon Hyuk who knows what is going on, can't do anything to cheer the woman she love can only stand and listen to her gift.








p/s : Tell you, the reason I watch it non stop is because I wanted to write a review bout this sitcom. First time I feel I want to write a bout things that I watched. I really really love this sitcom a lot :D




Shinda88
Home
Kota Bharu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just finished the drama a couple hours ago. i'm still depressed by the ending, i can't believe it ended just like that, you know? like it was so sudden, i guess it was my own fault in already having my own ending in my head just watching for it to come true which was far from it. so the ending really did shock me. those last 5 mins of the last episode just made me hate the whole drama altogether. even though it is cliche for the obvious happy ending but still i feel like i wasted my time with this one. i do understand the ending and the what i think the meaning of it is but... it was just so sudden.

shinda88 said...

Haha same here. Before I watch the ending, they said Yoon and Se Kyung won the awards for couple in some drama awards. So I also have the rough idea that Se Kyung might end up with Yoon. But who knows? She died with Daniel???? Overall I still love the drama but true, the ending makes me mourn for the drama for one week! lol! They shouldn't have this kind of ending for sitcom actually, sigh. Now the best we can do is to hope the next High Kick (Should be released around this year) to not be same like this one, I mean the ending :D

Anonymous said...

where can i download the sub for this dama?

Anonymous said...

I really love and cherish this show. It has a lot of humor. I was enjoying it until the last episode. The last episode was a shock, as if I was skipping happily, then tripped over a rock and got hurt. It was so sad I kept crying when I though about it. My thought of the ending was Shin Se Kyung and her family would live happily ever after in Seoul, not Tahiti. I never thought Lee Ji Hoon would die.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...